Affiliate Referral Program Agreement
Updated: May 16th, 2019
This Referral Program Agreement ("Agreement") is made and entered into by and between Speetra , Inc. ("Speetra ") with its principal place of business located at 17304 Preston Rd, Suite 1230, Dallas, Texas 75252 and the person or company referring prospects to Speetra for pulseM platform as described herein ("Referral Partner", "you" or "your") and is effective on the date you indicate acceptance of this Agreement by clicking and agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth herein ("Effective Date") when you submit the referral partner registration form. You acknowledge and agree that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, as well as all other applicable rules or policies provided by Speetra from time to time, and understand that you are entering into a legally binding agreement with Speetra . If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set forth herein, then you must not provide the referral services described herein. Speetra reserves the right to change and/or modify this Agreement and/or any applicable rules and/or policies at any time in its sole discretion and your continued provision of the referral services described herein after Speetra's posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. Speetra will provide notice of such changes by posting the updated terms and conditions on Speetra's website and changing the "last updated" date listed above. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting such changes and such changes shall be incorporated herein by reference. If you do not agree with the changes, you shall not provide the referral services described herein after the effective date of the changes. ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN ARTICLE 9, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SPEETRA WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AND/OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
1. Description of Referral Services
1.1. Referral Services. You shall refer pulseM software-as-a-service solution that includes reputation management (collectively the "SaaS Services") to potential customers in accordance with this Agreement and earn Commission for Referred Customers as described herein. Subject to your compliance with the terms set forth herein, Speetra hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable right to refer and promote the SaaS Services to potential customers. You shall limit your descriptions of the SaaS Services to the marketing information provided by Speetra and shall not make any representations with respect to Speetra and/or its SaaS Services that are inconsistent with Speetra's terms, marketing materials and/or other literature provided by Speetra . You are not authorized to enter into contracts or agreements on behalf of Speetra or to otherwise create obligations of Speetra to third parties. Speetra and pulseM staff shall be responsible for on-boarding and supporting the clients.
2. Registration Process; Referred Customers 2.1. Registration Process. Speetra will provide you with access to a pulseM affiliate portal and you must register each potential customer in the affiliate portal by providing, at a minimum, the first and last name of the contact, email address, company name, size and URL and any other information requested by Speetra. You must confirm with Speetra that such potential customer is not an existing prospect or customer prior to being accepted by Speetra. Speetra reserves the right to change the process described herein upon notice to you and/or reject any potential customer in its sole and absolute discretion. 2.2. Referred Customer. A potential customer registered by you and accepted by Speetra that enters into an applicable agreement with Speetra for a minimum twelve (12) month period shall be considered a "Referred Customer".
3. Compensation 3.1. Commission. In consideration for you providing the services described herein and subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, during the term of this Agreement you shall earn commission in an amount equal to a percentage amount defined in your account of the Net Collected Subscription Revenue for each Referred Customer for the initial two years of the agreement between Speetra and such Referred Customer ("Commission"). "Net Collected Subscription Revenue" means the subscription fees received by Speetra from the Referred Customer for the SaaS Services minus chargebacks (and associated fees), credits and refunds provided to such Referred Customer. For avoidance of doubt, (a) the Net Collected Subscription Revenue relates only to the fees received by Speetra from the Referred Customer for its SaaS Services and shall not relate to any other revenue source and/or other products and/or services provided by Speetra, and (b) a Commission will only be paid for a Referred Customer for the first two years of such Referred Customer's agreement with Speetra. In the event of a chargeback (and associated fees), credits and refunds provided to a Referred Customer, you acknowledge and agree that Speetra may deduct the applicable portion of amounts from your subsequent Commission payments. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Commission shall be "earned" only if (a) you follow the process described herein, (b) Speetra receives full payment from such Referred Customer for its SaaS Services; and (c) you are not in breach of this Agreement. 3.2. Payment. Speetra shall pay you the applicable earned Commissions within thirty (30) days after the end of the calendar month in which Speetra receives payment from the Referred Customer. You will be solely responsible for all taxes, costs and expenses related to you providing the services described herein.
4. Term and Termination 4.1. Term. The term of this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and continue until terminated by either party in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. 4.2. Termination for Breach. If a party materially breaches this Agreement (the "Defaulting Party"), and the Defaulting Party does not cure such breach within thirty (30) days after its receipt of written notice of material breach, the non-defaulting party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice to the Defaulting Party. Termination of this Agreement will be without prejudice to any other rights and remedies that the non-defaulting party may have under this Agreement and/or at law and/or in equity. 4.3. Termination for Convenience. Either party may terminate this Agreement upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to the other party. 4.4. Effect of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, you will immediately (i) cease using Speetra's Trademarks, (ii) return all Confidential Information, Materials, Referred Customer information and information related to potential customers to Speetra , (iii) discontinue holding yourself out as a marketer and promoter of the SaaS Services, and (iv) pay Speetra all outstanding fees, charges and expenses incurred through the effective date of termination (such as any chargebacks). Speetra will pay you Commission earned for Referred Customers through the effective date of termination in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein.
5. Intellectual Property 5.1. Ownership; Access & Use; Restrictions. Speetra owns all right, title and interest in and to the SaaS Services and related developments, enhancements and revisions, intellectual property rights and/or proprietary rights therein and related thereto. Speetra shall establish, and may vary from time to time, the pricing, terms and conditions related to the SaaS Services. Speetra grants you the right to access and use the SaaS Services solely for demonstration purposes as it relates to you providing the services described herein. You shall not (a) modify, adapt, alter, translate, copy, perform and display (publicly or otherwise) or create derivative works based on the SaaS Services; (b) merge or bundle the SaaS Services with other products and/or software; (c) sublicense, lease, rent and/or loan the SaaS Services; (d) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble and/or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the SaaS Services; (e) remove, modify and/or obscure any identification and/or proprietary and/or restrictive rights markings and/or notices from the SaaS Services; (f) access and/or use the SaaS Services in order to develop a product and/or service which competes with the SaaS Services; and/or (g) otherwise use, copy and/or distribute the SaaS Services except as expressly allowed hereunder. You shall not transmit any viruses and/or upload, access, store and/or distribute information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing, offensive or facilitates illegal activity and/or causes damage and/or injury to any person and/or property. 5.2. License Grants; Restrictions. During the term of this Agreement, Speetra hereby grants to you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, limited license to use Speetra's (a) name, logos and/or trademarks (collectively, the "Trademarks") and (b) brochures, marketing materials, referral links, white papers, case studies and/or other materials provided by Speetra (collectively, the "Materials") in accordance with this Agreement solely in relation to the performance of the services described herein. Your use of such Trademarks and Materials shall be in accordance with Speetra's policies and procedures established from time to time. You shall not (i) attach any other trademark, logo and/or trade designation to the SaaS Services unless expressly agreed in writing by Speetra and/or (ii) do and/or cause to be done any act and/or anything contesting and/or in any way impairing and/or reducing Speetra's right, title and interest in the Trademarks and/or Materials. Speetra has the right to discontinue and/or alter the form, shape and/or artwork of the Trademarks and/or content of the Materials. You acknowledge that your use of the Trademarks and/or Materials shall not create any right, title and interest, in or to the Trademarks and/or Materials and all such uses inure to the benefit of Speetra. Speetra reserves the right at any time to review your use of the Trademarks and/or Materials to determine if such use is in compliance with this Agreement. In the event Speetra desires to include your information on its referral partner website at any time during the term of this Agreement, you hereby grant to Speetra a non-transferable, non-exclusive, limited license to use the logos and/or trademarks provided by you on such referral partner website.
6. Confidentiality; Privacy 6.1. You will keep all proprietary information related to the business of Speetra and any of its affiliates, clients and other third parties to which you have access, whether in oral, written, graphic and/or machine-readable form, in the course of or in connection with this Agreement (collectively, the "Confidential Information") confidential and will only use such Confidential Information to perform your obligations under this Agreement. You may disclose the Confidential Information only to those who have a need to know such Confidential Information solely in connection with this Agreement; provided that you assume full responsibility for any failure to comply with this Agreement. You acknowledge that a breach of the obligations related to Confidential Information may result in irreparable and continuing damage to Speetra for which monetary damages may not be sufficient, and you agree that Speetra will be entitled to seek, in addition to its other rights and remedies hereunder or at law, injunctive or all other equitable relief, and such further relief as may be proper from a court of competent jurisdiction.
7. Representations + Warranties 7.1. Warranty. You represent, warrant and covenant that you (i) possess full power and authority to enter into this Agreement, (ii) have the proper skill, training and background to perform the services in a competent and professional manner; (iii) will use due diligence in safeguarding the interests of Speetra in accordance with this Agreement and any policies and procedures provided to you by Speetra ; and (iv) will comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, orders of any governmental (including any regulatory or quasi-regulatory) agency, and will not violate or contravene the terms of any of Speetra's contracts. 7.2. Speetra Warranty. Speetra warrants that Speetra possesses full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and has the ability to grant the rights described herein. 7.3. Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
8. Indemnification; Limitation of Liability 8.1. Indemnification. You, at your expense, will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Speetra , its officers, associates, employees, contractors and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, demands and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of litigation) (collectively "Claim(s)") arising out of or relating to (a) any negligent act and/or omission of you relating to your activities in connection with this Agreement; (b) any misrepresentation by you related to Speetra , its SaaS Services and/or its other products and/or services(s); (c) your breach of this Agreement; (d) your gross negligence and/or willful acts and/or omissions; (e) any failure to comply with any applicable law, rule, regulation, order of any governmental (including any regulatory or quasi-regulatory) agency or contract; and/or (f) any determination by a federal, state or local government or administrative agency, or other regulatory or quasi-regulatory entity, or any court, that you acted as an employee of Speetra in performing the services described herein (in which case you also waive any and all claims that you may have as a result of any such determination). You will be solely liable for any claims, warranties and/or representations made by you that differ from the warranties expressly provided by Speetra . You will have the sole right to conduct the defense of any claim and/or action, and/or the negotiation of any settlement, in respect of a Claim; however, Speetra may reasonably participate in such defense at its sole expense. 8.2. Limitation of Liability. Speetra's TOTAL AND CUMULATIVE LIABILITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE COMMISSIONS PAID BY SPEETRA TO YOU DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE OF SUCH CLAIM. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT WILL SPEETRA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS) EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. 8.3. Third Party Products & Services. You acknowledge and agree that Speetra is not liable for the performance of any third party products and/or services used in relation to this Agreement.
9. Dispute Resolution 9.1. Disputes. Before filing a claim against Speetra , you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting Speetra at [email protected] Speetra will try to resolve the dispute by contacting you via email, but if Speetra cannot resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days of submission, you and/or Speetra agree to resolve any claims related to this Agreement through final and binding arbitration, except as forth under 'Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate' section below. 9.3. Arbitration Procedures. Except in the event the claim meets the requirements set forth in the 'Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate' section below and/or if you opt out of arbitration as described herein, all claims shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules, in effect at the time the proceedings begin, of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy and/or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. All information relating to and/or disclosed by any party in connection with the arbitration of any disputes shall be treated by the parties, their representatives, and the arbitrator as proprietary business information and shall not be disclosed without prior written authorization of the disclosing party. Unless otherwise agreed to by Speetra , the arbitration shall be held in Dallas, Texas. Each party shall bear the burden of its own counsel fees incurred in connection with any arbitration proceedings. 9.4. Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you and/or Speetra may assert claims, if it qualifies, in small claims court in San Francisco, California. Either party may bring a lawsuit for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use and/or abuse of the services, breach of Speetra's Confidential Information and/or intellectual property infringement without first engaging in arbitration and/or the informal dispute-resolution process described in this Article. Miscellaneous All notices and other communications given or made pursuant to this Agreement must be in writing, sent to the persons designated herein or to such other persons and addresses as the parties may designate from time to times and will be deemed to have been given one (1) business day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight courier, freight prepaid, specifying next business day delivery, with written verification of receipt. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall create or imply any agency relationship between the parties, nor shall this Agreement be deemed to constitute a joint venture or partnership between the parties. It is further understood and agreed that your relationship with Speetra is and shall continue to be that of an independent contractor and you shall not be entitled to receive employee benefits from Speetra and you are responsible for the payment of all taxes and withholdings specified by law, which may be due in regard to payments made by Speetra . No waiver of any of the terms of this Agreement by either party will be valid unless agree to in writing and designated as such. Any forbearance or delay on the part of either party in enforcing any of its rights under this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of such right to enforce same for such occurrence or any other occurrence. If any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement are for any reason held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and will remain in full force and effect. The headings and titles of the paragraphs of this Agreement are for convenience only and are not intended to define, limit or construe the contents of the provisions contained herein. You may not assign, as a result of a change of control or by operation of law or otherwise, your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Speetra . This Agreement will be binding upon the parties and their respective legal successors and permitted assigns. Any provision of this Agreement which, by its nature, would survive termination of this Agreement will survive any such termination of this Agreement. This Agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of California, without regard to its choice of laws principles. Any action related to or arising from this MSA that is an exception to the arbitration process described herein shall take place exclusively in the courts situated in San Francisco, California and the parties hereby submit to the venue of the courts situated therein. In any arbitration, suit, action, or legal proceeding relating to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall have the right to recover from the other its costs and reasonable fees and expenses of attorneys, accountants, and other professionals incurred in connection therewith. This Agreement constitutes the complete agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings between the parties. This Agreement may be delivered and executed electronically using electronic signature or by other electronic communication used by the parties and an electronic copy of this Agreement and any signatures affixed hereto shall be considered for all purposes as originals.